Sunday, July 06, 2008



I LOVE the 4th of July! It is by far my favorite holiday. Let me tell you why: fun in the sun, cookouts, beer, and fireworks. It doesn't get better than this my friends. So, this 4th we headed up the Ok to visit Greg's family. We had an awesome time. Apparently we have a little fish on our hands, because Isabella could not stay out of the pool. She swam everyday, all day. Her favorite thing was to jump in from the side. The girl is not scared of anything. I did my most favorite thing of all on Friday. I sat my happy butt on a float, with a beer in hand, and let the sun rays color my skin. (which it desperately needed)

On Friday night we headed next door for the fireworks show. Isabella was not the biggest fan of the fireworks, except she thought the sparklers were pretty cool. She was too busy playing in the playhouse and on the swings.
On Saturday, my awesome MIL (mother in law) went shopping, while Greg watched Bella at the house. That night we went to Bricktown and had the best time. Aren't they cute! I have the best in-laws! 
My new fav place is Toby Keith's Bar and Grill! I absolutely love this place! We hung out and had a few drinks and ate dinner. The had a great microbrew, which tasted like lemon tea. Therefore, I kept drinking it. I also had the best Chicken Fried Chicken of my life. Isabella loved listening to the band. She kept wanting to dance in the aisle. It was so cute. If you have never been there, then I highly recommend it. 
After dinner, we took a boat ride down the canal. Bella LOVED the boat. She waved to all the people passing by and was memorized by the ducks floating in the water. All in all, it was a wonderful weekend. We are so tired today, but had a great time! Happy Fourth to all of you! 

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'd have to say that the 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays too. For all the reasons you mentioned, plus, I get presents! Glad y'all had a good time :)

LB said...

Looks like so much fun. So sad we missed you. I remember our fourth of July's at Bricktown well... :)