Monday, July 14, 2008

Seriously, what is going on?!!

Last night Isabella fell off her bike and bumped her head. Not an uncommon thing, but was exceptionally strange was that instead of crying for mommy she immediately called out for daddy. Greg and I both looked at each other in shock. Bella ALWAYS wants mommy! Of course, Greg was loving this moment, but I have to say that my feelings were a little hurt. Then, this morning when I scolded Bella she began crying for daddy again. I knew this would probably happen someday, but as much as we want our little ones to give us a break and go to the other parent it still hurts a little. 

Now...I am not much of a dieter, but lately Greg and I have been trying to eat better. I'm not asking to lose some absurd amount, but it would be nice to see some results. Granted, I'm a cheater. I've had a dessert here and there, but I'm a runner. I run just about every other day so I should be seeing some change right? WRONG! This morning was the weigh in. Greg went first. Result: lost 6 lbs. Okay, great. My turn. Result: NOTHING. What the crap!! Give me a freakin' break (and possibly a donut). 


PS: Greg has informed me that I misspell a lot in my blogging. Sorry. I don't have time for spell check and I'm usually typing super fast before Bella wants my attention. I'm intelligent. I swear.  

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Nes- Thanks for making me laugh this morning :) You probably haven't lost anything because you are already so darn skinny!!! I love ya girl!

LB said...

Love it! You're hilarious. I fear the day when Ali cries out for "Daddy" too. I know it'll come someday, and there are brief (Very Brief) moments I wish it were already here sometime, but I really don't want it to happen.

PS - D and I have tried the couple dieting thing, and it doesn't work for me either. My sole reason for working out is so I can eat MORE.

The Sawyers said...

This is way too weird...I'm having DejaVu of DejaVu(how in the world do you spell that)! You are probably not losing weight because you are toning those fine muscles! It's all in how the jeans fit-that the numbers on the scale-I say! You are too funny-I'd love to throw you a donut with sprinkles!

The Sawyers said...

*it's all in how the jeans fit-NOT the number on the scale*